You already understand that maintaining a personal connection with your employees is essential. They are responsible for your company’s success, and you now want to take that connection to the next level in your business plan by adding an employee loyalty program. Since it will be a big decision and investment, let’s talk about what you can do to ensure your choice will increase productivity and your profit.
- Is the work environment positive? – This is a prerequisite. Before you seriously consider implementing an employee loyalty program, make sure you are actively creating a positive work environment. Your employees need to feel that you already care. This video by Rockhurst University gives 7 simple tips to create a positive environment. Once there is a good vibe in the office, a good gift program will work magic for your company.
- Does the employee loyalty program offer choices? -This isn’t a must, but it is very effective. Those you lead like being in control and having options just like you do. Make sure your loyalty program offers good choices, because everyone loves to feel special and valued enough to be given a choice. This makes each experience unique and memorable.
- How often will they think of you after gifts are redeemed? - The best gifts leave a lasting impression. Look for an employee loyalty program that will remind your employees of the experience long after they’ve redeemed the gifts.
- Do the gifts inspire performance and loyalty to your brand? - Whether you use the employee loyalty program as a thank you for past performance or as an incentive to improve performance, ask yourself if your employees will truly appreciate the rewards and be inspired to improve and give their best.
- Does it set you apart? - If you want to stand out, then you must be willing to, well, stand out. Don’t do what everyone else is doing. Make it something your employees will brag about to their friends and families. If you know someone on your staff prefers a typical gift basket or dessert plate, go to gifts.com‘s Corporate Gift Finder. It’s all about the recipient and getting the results you want.
If you do choose to utilize an employee loyalty program, make sure you do it right. As long as you follow the guidelines above your people will be MORE excited, MORE productive, and MORE loyal to YOU and your company.
As a retention and referral consultant, I can help you build a solid plan that includes basic fundemental practices and an employee loyalty program. My personal preference is the Ribbon Gift & Incentive Program. For information on this option and it’s competitors, click here.